Vital Football

Latest Wycombe Wanderers News

The Opposition View - Hartlepool

The Opposition View - Hartlepool


As Wycombe bask in the glow of yesterday's stunning 5-0 win over Hartlepool United, here are some views on the game from Pools' manager Neale Cooper and a few of their fans.

"From the minute it kicked off to the minute it finished, everyone was terrible," said a clearly shocked Cooper.

"I've just praised the back four, how well they've done, and then they look like they've never played together."

"Everyone was poor today, everyone."

"We couldn't have prepared better, we looked really sharp in training yesterday, we had a nice rest last night, then we had a good warm up today and there was a good buzz. And then bang, totally useless from the first minute to the end."

"It was nothing to do with tactics or anything, it was just everyone had a shocker."

"These things happen in football and today we just gave them everything they got. Every goal they got was our mistake, I have never seen a team defend as badly as that."

"I was really angry but after the game I've got to pick them up because to be honest they know every one of them was woeful today."


The Hartlepool fans were unhappy at our use of the loan system.

The following extracts are taken from The Poolie Bunker and Vital Hartlepool.


Jackalpools wrote:
"Wycombe had four new loan signings playing today, all of which have been signed during an 'emergency' loan window. Surely the fact that your team has been hopeless for the last few months doesn't count as a good enough reason to bring in as many players as you like?"


Smokin Joe wrote:
"Wycombe knew that they were in the sh*t and obviously addressed the problem by going out and signing 3 or 4 experienced (and obviously quality) loan players - something that Neale Cooper would NEVER be permitted to do. This is not the first time that we have come a cropper at a struggling Wycombe side. They are nothing more than a yo-yo club who revert between L1 and L2 purely on the strength of loan signings - like too many other southern clubs."


Lord_of_Stranton wrote:
"Referring to the loanees, I heard that Charlton offered Hayes and Doherty, (both of whom would walk into our team), because they want Wycombe to take points off the teams around them. On Doherty's performance today, admittedly the only time I have seen him, he controlled the game from start to finish. He was superb."


The Fat Man wrote:
"Doherty was deservedly MOTM. He didn't put a foot wrong, challenged for everything and kept it simple. And he scored. If we had two of him at the back, we wouldn't have conceded the first two goals which were really defensive errors."


Fetish_Bob wrote:
"Absolutely diabolical, every player had a bad day. The record books will say Wycombe scored 5 today but I disagree with that. What they should say is Pools gifted Wycombe 5 goals because they didn`t have to create or work for any of them, simple as that."


derwent wrote:
"To put my feelings into perspective. Imagine you've got up at an unholy hour to travel a considerable distance, at considerable expense to witness today's game against a side firmly entrenched in the bottom four, only to find your team on the end of its biggest hiding of the season!"


Aberdeen Pools wrote:
"It's really embarrassing losing so badly to the worst team in the division."


alienlife wrote:
"We are a club no bigger than Wycombe and shouldn't get all big time Charlie about being given a hiding just because they're bottom of the league. If Alfreton had battered us 5-0 then I'd be indignant but they didn't and I'm not."


Splod wrote:
"I have to say in nearly 50 years of supporting Pools - that was the worst performance I have ever seen."


Poolie of Kent wrote:
"Absolutely terrible. The heaviest away defeat I have seen in nearly 20 years of watching Pools' away games in the South East. Wycombe thoroughly deserved the win yesterday. If anybody is going to escape the drop, it will be them."


Next Game: Scunthorpe v Wycombe - Sat 3rd March - 3.00pm

Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.
www.papajohns.co.uk/football



Click here to join in the debate on the club forum.

Writer:Len
Date:Sunday February 26 2012
Time: 10:27AM

Best of Vital Network

Login to post a comment

Recent Wycombe Wanderers Articles

Preview: Wycombe Wanderers v Accrington Stanley

Adams Park - Saturday 30th April 2016 - 3.00pm

If you don't have a dream...

Reflections of the 2015/16 season

Wycombe - Football League Dates 2016/17

The Football League, or the brainless EFL rebrand, have today released the key dates for the coming 2016/17 season.

The Opposition View - Portsmouth

What Pompey had to say about yesterday's game

Archived Vital Wycombe Articles

Vital Wycombe articles from

Site Journalists

Len
Editor email
Profile
Benny
no email
Profile
Dale Jenkins
no email
Profile

Current Poll (see more polls)

Who was your Man of the Match against Pompey?
Suggested By:
Allsop1%
McCarthy8%
Stewart0%
Pierre0%
Jombati0%
Harriman0%
Bean4%
Rowe79%
Sellars4%
Hayes4%
Ugwu0%

League Table

# Team P W D L Pts. GD
C Northampton 44 27 12 5 93 33
2 Accrington 44 23 12 9 81 25
3 Oxford 44 22 14 8 80 38
4 Bristol Rovers 44 24 7 13 79 27
5 Plymouth 44 23 8 13 77 21
6 Portsmouth 44 20 15 9 75 30
7 Wimbledon 44 20 11 13 71 13
8 Cambridge 44 18 12 14 66 11
9 Wycombe 44 17 13 14 64 5
10 Carlisle 44 16 16 12 64 2
11 Mansfield 44 17 12 15 63 9
12 Exeter 44 17 12 15 63 1
13 Luton 44 18 9 17 63 1
14 Leyton Orient 44 17 12 15 63 -3
15 Barnet 44 16 11 17 59 -3
16 Hartlepool 44 15 6 23 51 -16
17 Notts County 44 13 9 22 48 -25
18 Crawley 44 13 8 23 47 -27
19 Stevenage 44 11 13 20 46 -15
20 Yeovil 44 10 15 19 45 -16
21 Morecambe 44 12 8 24 44 -22
22 Newport 44 10 13 21 43 -19
R York 44 7 12 25 33 -33
R Dag & Red 44 7 10 27 31 -37
Latest F1 News
Latest Vital Boxing News

Recent Wycombe Wanderers Results (view all)

Wycombe Wanderers Fixtures (view all)

Apr 30 2016 3:00PM : Accrington Stanley (H)
Sky Bet League Two
May 7 2016 3:00PM : Oxford United (a)
Sky Bet League Two